Making the choice to be grateful is one of the greatest choices that I can make each day to facilitate the kind of life I long to have.
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful, the readiness to show appreciation for something.
To facilitate something is to make an action or a process easier.
Gratitude is a facilitator. When I choose to be grateful, most, if not all, of the rest of my life becomes easier.
- lifts my spirits.
- gives me energy whereas a discontented heart drains energy reserves.
- helps me to see what is right with the world instead of being dragged into negativity by what is wrong with the world.
- shows me the strengths of the people around me rather than their weaknesses.
- lifts me up above my less-than-ideal circumstances to see the possibilities in my circumstances.
- helps me to see the humor in the “everyday” of my life, and laughter is the best medicine!
- allows me to see God’s redemptive work in and all around me.
- helps me to focus on the answers that God has given me instead of becoming frustrated about the answers I haven’t received.
I’m sure there are many more things that never cross my mind that gratitude does as well. It’s a master facilitator!
Choosing gratitude daily is one of the fastest routes I can take to a life full of peace, joy, hope, and love. This one choice that I am presented with every day can facilitate so many good things that I want in my life.
Making the choice to be grateful; it’s a choice I need to make every day!